Note: The links on this page will take you to external sites
Our Nation's Capitol is a beautiful and tourist friendly city that offers visitors the opportunity to witness the workings of our government firsthand. The city boasts beautiful architecture, educational museums, historic monuments and an array of entertainment and cultural experiences to take advantage of. The Metro subway system is a convenient and easy way to navigate through the city.
Rep. Markey's office is happy to arrange tours of the Capitol and the White House for constituents of the Fifth District who visit Washington, D.C. (Please click HERE to determine if you are in the Fifth District.)
- To schedule a Capitol or White House tour, please call Kayla Scire in the Medford District Office at (781) 396-2900.
- Please keep in mind that such tours are in high demand and are often booked months in advance, especially during peak tourist season (March through September). Requests can be made no later than three (3) weeks in advance and no earlier than six (6) months in advance. Please contact the office as early as possible to have the best possible chance of obtaining a tour.
- ***Effective Saturday, March 9, 2013 – Per order of the White House Visitors Office, all White House Tours will be canceled until further notice due to White House staffing reductions resulting from sequestration. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reschedule affected tours. We very much regret having to take this action, particularly during the popular Spring touring season. For updates regarding this situation, please contact Kayla Scire in the Medford Office at (781) 396-2900.***
- House Gallery Passes are available for pick-up in our DC office, 2108 Rayburn House Office Building.
Visiting the Office
When in D.C. make sure to stop by the office, 2108 Rayburn House Office Building, to say hello, sign the guest book and pick-up House Gallery passes. Our D.C. office is open Monday- Friday, 9am- 6pm. We are closed on federal holidays.
Requesting a Meeting
To request a meeting with Rep. Markey or a member of his staff, please call our D.C. office at (202) 225-2836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Location in Washington, DC
Our office in Washington, DC is located in Room 2108 in the Rayburn House Office Building. Rayburn is located here, just two blocks from the Capitol South metro stop on the Blue/Orange line, and also easily accessible by cab via the Independence Ave entrance.
Maps of Washington, DC
Popular Tourist Destinations:
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Botanic Gardens
- Bureau of Printing and Engraving
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The Folger Shakespeare Library
- Ford's Theatre and Lincoln Museum
- The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Kennedy Center
- Library of Congress
- Mt. Vernon
- National Archives
- National Monuments and Parks
- National Zoo