Form of Government: Board of Selectman, Executive Secretary, Open Town Meeting
2010 Population: 6,362
Rep. Markey meets with Lincoln residents visiting Washington for D.C. Constituent Day, April 20, 2010
1. 2004 was Lincoln’s 250th anniversary -- it was first incorporated in 1754.
2. Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride ended in Lincoln on the eve of April 18, 1775, when he was captured on his way to Concord. His message, however, was delivered by his colleague William Dawes.
3. The architect Walter Gropius, founder of the Bauhaus school of design, built the “Gropius House” in Lincoln in 1938.
4. Sitting half a mile from Walden Pond, the Thoreau Institute holds one of the country’s most authoritative collections of Thoreau material.
5. Lincoln is home to the DeCordova museum, which has been dedicated to displaying the work of New England contemporary artists since its inception in 1950.