Government agencies and procedures can be confusing and often frustrating. As a resident of the 5th Congressional District, you may contact Rep. Markey's office for assistance with a problem related to a federal government service.
Click HERE for a list of online government resources, such as how to request an absentee ballot.
Rep. Markey's district staff specializes in assisting constituents with problems. They can direct people to the appropriate office, provide them with necessary instructions, phone numbers or materials, and/or find out the status of an application.
Before contacting the office, please take a minute to determine whether or not your issue is something the staff will be able to assist you with. Here are a few criteria that will help you make that determination:
- Are you a constituent in Massachusetts' 5th Congressional District? Rep. Markey was elected to represent and assist those residents who live in the 5th district. (To find out which district you live in, click HERE. This link will take you to an external site.)
- Is your issue with a federal agency? As your federal representative, Rep. Markey's office can only provide services to you if you have a problem with the federal government. (For a list of federal agencies, click HERE. This link will take you to an external site.)
You may submit your request for help via fax to the Medford District Office at (781) 396-3220, or call the Medford District Office at (781) 396-2900. After you submit your request, please follow up by calling the Medford District Office, especially if your issue is time sensitive.
*Under the Privacy Act of 1974, Congressional staff must obtain written permission from you in order to begin work on your case. Please download, print, fill out and return the appropriate form to the office once you have spoken with the staff member who will be handling your case.
- If you are seeking assistance with the Department of Veterans Affairs, please click here.
- If you are seeking assistance with the Social Security Administration, please click here.
- If you are seeking assistance with an Immigration issue, please click here.
- For all other issues/agencies, please click here.
Please return your privacy release form to:
Office of Congressman Edward J. Markey
5 High Street, Suite 101